CLEARSCAN UV-C PEN
CLEARSCAN is the world’s first truly portable UV-C personal sanitizer “pen”. Weighing just over an ounce, it fits in your pocket and provides stylish, bacteria-free* protection for you and your family. The FDA and CDC have recognized the antibacterial effect UV-C light has on bacteria when directly exposed to UV-C.
*efficacy data available upon request
UV Sanitizing Technology
There are three types of ultraviolet rays, classified by their wavelength: UV-A (the longest wavelength), UV-B, and UV-C (the shortest). People are most familiar with UV-A and UV-B, because these are the rays that cause sunburn and skin aging, while most naturally-occurring UV-C light is blocked by the earth’s atmosphere. However, UV-C light is known to kill bacteria, viruses, and other germs, and people have been using manufactured UV-C light for this purpose in residential, commercial, and industrial settings since the 1930s. It’s effective for sanitizing water, air, and non-porous surfaces. Depending on the type of UV-C disinfection system and how it is set up, UV-C light can be used in a variety of settings, both occupied and unoccupied. The CLEARSCAN UV-C sanitizing pen uses a UV-C wavelength of 260-270 nm, which is known as the most effective wavelength for sanitization given our current technological capabilities.
Check out our other lines of UV-C sanitizing products.
CLEARSCAN UV-C Pen
Portable and easy to use, the CLEARSCAN UV-C pen offers a range of benefits:
- UV-C LED Sanitization: A proven method for eliminating various bacteria*.
- Portable: Put it anywhere you’d carry a pen: in a backpack, purse, or pocket. The UV-C pen weighs just over an ounce and is only 4.9 inches long.
- Safe: Enjoy a double lock and timer function for safety.
- Logo Printing: Offer a truly memorable and useful promotional product by printing your name, logo, or other information on the CLEARSCAN UV-C pen.
- Sleek Design: It’s simple and intuitive.
- Long Lamp Lifespan: The pen offers 10,000 hours of lamp life. It comes with a micro USB cable for recharging; after a 40-minute charge, you’ll be able to use the pen up to 200 times.
- Weight: 127mm x 21mm x 16mm and 32g
- Charging Voltage: 110v-220v
- Battery Power: DC5V/MAX 500㎃ and 1200mAh
- Wavelength & LED Output: UV-C 260-270nm and UV-C 7.2mw each
- Lamp Lifespan: 10,000 operational hours
You can use the CLEARSCAN pen multiple times a day to sanitize nearly any surface you come in contact with:
- Personal items like toothbrushes, razors, etc.
- Public transportation touch points
- Public spaces
- Handles, door knobs, light switches, and so much more
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! The pen emits UV-C light with a wavelength of 260-270 nm, which has been shown to effectively eliminate 99.9 percent of various bacteria and other potentially dangerous microorganisms*.
Are UV light pens safe?
Yes. UV-C light technology has been safely used for sanitizing purposes for more than 100 years. However, prolonged exposure to UV-C light may cause harm in some situations and it can damage the eyes. That’s why the CLEARSCAN UV-C pen is equipped with a double lock and a timer, as well as a gyro sensor that automatically turns the light off if it is rotated more than 90 degrees. You should be advised to point the pen only at the surfaces you wish to treat. Do not expose your skin to the light. Do not look directly at the lamp. Do not allow children to use the pen.
What surfaces can you sanitize with a UV-C pen?
It’s effective on a variety of non-porous surfaces: laptops, smartphones, keyboards, tables, chairs, doorknobs, handles, toilet seats, desks, railings, gym equipment, shopping carts, and more.
How do you use a UV-C pen to sanitize surfaces?
It’s simple and only takes a few seconds:
- Push the CLEARSCAN clip up until the inner body is exposed. You’ll hear a click and see the power button.
- Place the device within half an inch of the surface you’d like to sanitize.
- Press the power button for one second. The light will stay on for 20 seconds, giving you time to treat your chosen surface, then will automatically turn off. If you wish to turn it off sooner, simply press the power button again.
How long does it take UV light to kill germs?
It can render viruses and bacteria inactive in as little as 20 seconds.
The CLEARSCAN UV-C pen is a simple, fast, and effective way to sanitize the surfaces you come in contact with every day. Buy now.